Introduction

Our sons Charles George Fitzpatrick and Henry Michael Fitzpatrick were born prematurely on November 16, 2013 at a gestational age of 24 weeks and 1 day. Their "due date" was March 7th, 2014. We started this site on November 28th.

Both Aly and David will be posting to the site. While you will probably be able to tell who is writing by our writing styles, we will sign off on our entries with our initials so you will be sure of the author.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

8 Months Old!

I know we haven't blogged in a while and I am sorry to those who have been expecting an updated. We have been busier than usual due to our move out to the suburbs. David is too busy with work to write a blog so I'm afraid you are stuck with me. 


I am so happy to write that the boys are fantastic! They are both almost 14lbs and are taking most of their feeds by mouth. They aren't fluid restricted anymore so if they get hungry in between feeds we can actually feed them. This is a totally new concept for us and we love it. We have never been able to feed on demand and getting to this milestone gives me the warm fuzzies.  Henry is especially fond of having a snack here and there and he's not afraid to let me know when he needs a little something. He reminds us of that Snickers commercial where the tag line is, "You're not yourself when you're hungry." And God help you if you can't get him a bottle in about 2.5 seconds. He unleashes the full on baby of rage. I love this because it means he gets hungry and can tell me. He can eat without issues and he likes it! We worried for so long this wouldn't be the case. So rage on hungry Henry, you will be fed as soon as I can get that bottle warm.  Charlie doesn't have the same love of food that Henry does. Don't get me wrong, he enjoys his bottle but right now he's much more interested in his right hand. It apparently has 4 fingers and thumb that is perfect for sucking. Charlie spends a lot of his free time admiring his right arm and talking to his turtle. The boys are making progress in OT/PT. Henry is holding his head up fairly well and he's giving pep talks to Charlie to do the same. Charlie is having a tougher time holding his head up. We work on it every day and try and do as much tummy time as they will tolerate. They turned 8 months old yesterday, 4 months adjusted. They are both babbling and tracking very well. Last week we were able to stop gavaging them in the middle of the night. They never woke up for that feed so we figured great, we will all sleep through the night. Yeah, that lasted 3 days. They seem to take turns on who gets up to host the invite only all night dance party. Last night Henry was the host and I was the guest of honor. The night before it was Charlie. Their little brains are starting to put together cause and effect and watching that in their eyes is one of the most amazing experiences I've had. There is so much going on in their world right now sometimes it's just too exciting for them to sleep. The new house we moved into has a pool and last weekend we went swimming.  The boys loved it. Henry was so relaxed he fell asleep in his pool float. I love that they aren't afraid of the water and that they enjoy the different sensations they get from floating around. I'll leave you with some pictures of the wee bravehearts. If I've left anything out about how they are doing feel free to ask me. It's been a crazy couple of months so I'm sure I've forgotten something. 


 


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. I've really missed hearing about you and the boys since I deleted my Twitter account. I now have your blog as one of my favourites so I never miss an update. I promise I'm not a scary stalker haha. Love seeing you all so happy and thriving as a family. The boys grow more gorgeous in each picture. Congratulations on the new house too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the update! I had so many people praying for them & you that we all love seeing them progress so well! What a couple of precious little miracles you have there and they are just gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. reading this makes me so, so happy!

    ReplyDelete