Introduction

Our sons Charles George Fitzpatrick and Henry Michael Fitzpatrick were born prematurely on November 16, 2013 at a gestational age of 24 weeks and 1 day. Their "due date" was March 7th, 2014. We started this site on November 28th.

Both Aly and David will be posting to the site. While you will probably be able to tell who is writing by our writing styles, we will sign off on our entries with our initials so you will be sure of the author.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

40 Weeks

I mentioned earlier this week that March 7th was their due date. I try hard to avoid letting a calendar date or some symbol affect my mood but I can't deny that this one had me feeling reflective and not in a very positive way. I know that Aly was affected too. 

To catch you all up, Thursday we had a meeting with doctors and the surgeon. It was agreed that Charlie would have his surgery on Tuesday and before that they would do a dye study to see if the intestines below the part he has been using are ok. Henry's situation was a longer discussion. I was / am / was / am - you choose - concerned that waiting for Henry was doing more harm than good. By waiting, I mean waiting to have the next surgery. You see, Henry has not been getting much nutrition from anything other than his TPN. I'll be honest, I have let it get late again and, although I want to write this down for Henry, I am not doing it tonight. 

So, a summary instead;

Thursday; meeting

Friday; dye test for Charlie; result is excellent. A clear passage frome down below up to the stoma

Saturday; nice family day of holding and relaxing in swings

Sunday; cranky, high maintenance babies - are you wet? Are you hungry? Are you hot? Almost - almost - like real life. 


(D)


2 comments:

  1. How am I just seeing this? Stupid web browser. I have to remember to refresh it. Thank you for the update. I am hoping they are on the same page with you regarding Henry and I am hoping Charlie's surgery goes well tomorrow. I think we may have to go light some candles for the fighting fitzies this week. Love love love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice to see them like this in the swings. follow their journey and think of you 4 often.

    ReplyDelete