Introduction

Our sons Charles George Fitzpatrick and Henry Michael Fitzpatrick were born prematurely on November 16, 2013 at a gestational age of 24 weeks and 1 day. Their "due date" was March 7th, 2014. We started this site on November 28th.

Both Aly and David will be posting to the site. While you will probably be able to tell who is writing by our writing styles, we will sign off on our entries with our initials so you will be sure of the author.

Monday, March 3, 2014

Billy

There have been days (or nights) when writing a blog post has been a good way to get things off my chest. There have been times when I have enjoyed just thinking and writing about the boys. There have been occasions where I just wanted to record the day for the sake of historical records. Tonight is another of the historical records nights. Henry's conjugated bilirubin went up when it was (and was supposed to be) trending down. This is what the magic potion Omegaven was supposed to be taking care of. I am recording that the news upset me but it doesn't feel better to write about it. Instead, it feels like I shouldn't. Like I should just let it pass and see what the level is next week. If it's down, today was a silly, over analysis / over worry. So, readers, please take this info and join me in patient under-reaction.

Other than the blood test results, both boys had another eye exam and the results were good. So good, in fact, that they are now on bi-weekly rather than weekly exams.

Also, both boys have been breathing well on their CPAP.

(D)

3 comments:

  1. You are allowed to worry every step of the way but keep the blogs going for our sake too. Luv you all, mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Biweekly eye exams and Cpap going well. So glad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am patiently under-reacting with you (okay I am too much of an anxious person to do that for real but I will be doing that on the outside to get on board) special love and light to wee man H

    ReplyDelete