Introduction

Our sons Charles George Fitzpatrick and Henry Michael Fitzpatrick were born prematurely on November 16, 2013 at a gestational age of 24 weeks and 1 day. Their "due date" was March 7th, 2014. We started this site on November 28th.

Both Aly and David will be posting to the site. While you will probably be able to tell who is writing by our writing styles, we will sign off on our entries with our initials so you will be sure of the author.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have a Double Hold!

Today was just about as good as a day can get in the NICU. For the first time ever, I got to hold both of my boys at the same time. I wasn't sure how long they would last in a double hold situation, this was new territory for all three of us. Three and half hours later I put them back only because I needed to pump, hadn't eaten lunch and it was time to go home for the day. The boys loved every minute of it. They even held hands for a bit which melted my heart. I have waited 109 days to hold both of my babies at the same time. There were days early on when we weren't sure if that would ever happen. Today was such a victory in so many ways. Special thanks to our nurses for being so patient getting the three of us set up, for taking a million pictures and for bringing me water to sip boxer style since I couldn't move enough to grab my water bottle. We were even able to FaceTime David for a little bit so Daddy could be part of our milestone. These pictures tell the story of our day much better than I can.
(A)








6 comments:

  1. So so happy for you. And for the boys. That has to make them feel incredible to be with each other again and to be with you at the same time.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, and beyond beautiful! Soul-nourishing! I respect D's decision to stop speaking on behalf of the boys (though I don't think they'll mind for awhile, and I doubt he's wrong much) but these pictures prove how much they are loving this. So wonderful they could hold hands! So much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with them! Those little chunky cheekies!!! I could just eat them up! This post melted my heart and made my eyes sting with tears! Continued prayers for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of the three of you is just incredible, Aly. I'm so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite blog yet. There are no words. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D! Best be working on those biceps. ;)

    ReplyDelete