Introduction

Our sons Charles George Fitzpatrick and Henry Michael Fitzpatrick were born prematurely on November 16, 2013 at a gestational age of 24 weeks and 1 day. Their "due date" was March 7th, 2014. We started this site on November 28th.

Both Aly and David will be posting to the site. While you will probably be able to tell who is writing by our writing styles, we will sign off on our entries with our initials so you will be sure of the author.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Busy Mondays

Mondays are busy. Today, Charlie and Henry got their eye exams. Neither now has ROP, which is great. Henry has hemorrhages in one of his retinas, though, so we need to watch that. 

Henry's growth is good and his conjugated bilirubin is now on the decrease, so Omegaven has worked its magic again. 

Charlie's desatting didn't stop so they are continuing to think about what the best plan is for him. CPAP is on hold for now. Maybe Thursday. He was struggling with his breathing today and, when I had some meetings canceled on me, I decided to go and take a look. By the time I got there, he was better but while I was there I got to meet several of the doctors, including the surgeon. So, it was worth the trip, especially as I got to do some work at the hospital too. A productive few hours. Well, except for the fact that I didn't take any photographs. Shame on me. 

(D)

1 comment:

  1. I mean it is a crying shame for all of us when we can't see pics. But as you said it was busy Monday and there is a lot going on in the fighting fitzie world. SO you are forgiven. The New York Fighting Fitzie Fan Club made a motion that was unanimous that we will be amping up our prayers to maximum level until further notice.

    ReplyDelete