Introduction

Our sons Charles George Fitzpatrick and Henry Michael Fitzpatrick were born prematurely on November 16, 2013 at a gestational age of 24 weeks and 1 day. Their "due date" was March 7th, 2014. We started this site on November 28th.

Both Aly and David will be posting to the site. While you will probably be able to tell who is writing by our writing styles, we will sign off on our entries with our initials so you will be sure of the author.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Growing Pains

Charlie is ready to be extubated again. He has done such a great job of growing that I think he is a bit big for his breathing tube. He is scheduled to go to CPAP on Tuesday. 

Henry seems to be accepting CPAP a lot better this time. I am not saying he likes it but he is definitely not as outraged as he was the first time. 


I am having to fight my instinct to make a spreadsheet of their weights. I love a graph. Charlie was piling on the weight so quickly that fluid retention became a concern so he is being closely watched so that he is outputting appropriately. Henry had a few days where growth flattened but he has followed it up with a few growth days. This would be much clearer in graph form...

I was at the hospital this afternoon with Aly and the nurses. I was really happy to get a summary from the boys' doctor, although Aly is so all over the care plan that I really didn't get anything that I hadn't been told by Aly. We need to give this doc a name soon. 

(D)

1 comment: